Tuesday, November 29, 2005

It's Tuesday so here's another two-fer. Both of these are 100% stash quilts.



This is a Double 4-Patch I pieced in '97 or '98 and quilted last December. The blues were charms from a swap and the lights were from a group of charms I purchased in the early '90s. I love this quilt. There's just something about it that sings to me.



This was made as a baby quilt for a friend's first grandchild. As usual I left it till a week before the shower before I gave any thought to what to make. I dug around in my stash and found the cloud fabric I used in the border. Then I pulled bunches of medium blues and yellows/lt. oranges for the 9 patches. I really like the way it turned out using the method where you start with 2 squares and end up with 2 9-patches. When I found I didn't have enough of the border fabric to make the back I just dug thru my stash and found this yellow and made a border for the back. I like the back almost as much as the front.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it too, but then again I have mentioned that I like blue & yellow, and blue & blue, and blue & white quilts....

BTW I traded for some of those 605 cat charms, but I have continued to purchase them - so my actual amount right now is.... A lot!
Amy - The Calico Cat (not signed in - quick break!)

Laurie Ann said...

I especially love the blue and yellow baby quilt. And love what you did with the back. I am fairly new to quilting and am self-taught and so love to get ideas from others. I saw the back and said, wow I would have never thought of that. But now I will! Thanks!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

The baby quilt is just so sweet! I have to get more creative with my backs - I usually just use plain muslin! The big quilt is nice too - I think I will go cut some more strips of fabric now and keep working on my projects - thanks for the motivation.

Cheers!

Granny said...

I like those quilts. I also like blue and yellow. Isn't it fun to make the nine patches with 2 squares? Thanks for sharing your pictures and congrats on more stash quilts!

Judy L.

Finn said...

Really, really great stash effort, and what a rewarding quilt and back to show for it !! Congratulations on a job well done. The quilt is so bright and happy..*VBS*

Tonya Ricucci said...

I love that blue double 4-patch. It looks old (in the good sense - antique) and welcoming. I really like the back on the blue and yellow one too.