So much for working on one project to completion before starting another! I forgot to take my flower garden top to work with me Friday so I could baste it after work. I guess I could have drug the table I have here out from behind the couch and done it this morning. But it's so much easier at work where I can push 2 or 3 tables together and not have to realign everything quite so often.
So instead I decided to play with my scraps. This project originally started because I don't currently have a leaders/enders project going and decided a simple log cabin would work well as that. So I pulled my 2" strips, squares and bricks and started sorting into light/med/dark. I was mostly looking for just lights and darks but I discovered when I was sewing the blocks that I had a lot of mediums sneak in there. I cut up all my light and dark strips that were about 20" or less and should have enough cut for about 100 blocks. (And it still doesn't look like I've barely made a dent in that drawer!) If I decide I need more when I get ready to set them together I'll just cut into some of the longer strips. Of course once I got all these strips cut and neatly stacked on the corner of the sewing table waiting to be used as leaders/enders for some other project I just couldn't resist sewing up a block - just to test my accuracy you know. Well 25 blocks later this is what I have.
My plan - subject to change on my whim - is to set them this way finished up with a narrow scrappy blue border followed by a scrappy red piano keys border to tie it back to the red center squares.
In general I had a very nice relaxing day today playing in my sewing room. I didn't even change out of my jammies until around 6pm. And then only because David wanted me to run to town and help him with something. Otherwise I'd probably still be wearing my nightie instead of sitting here trying to get up the energy to go change back into it. :-)