First thing. Those of you who have sent email since I got it set back up. I can receive but not send so please be patient in waiting for your response. All of my GoDaddy account info was in my email that was lost and I can't access my accounts to find out what the outbound mail set up is. We figured out the inbound so I am receiving mail just cant send. I have a message out to them but since I'd never changed my email on file with them and can't remember the username/password I used when I set the account up, I'm waiting for them to decide I really am the owner of the domain before they'll email the info I need to my current email address. A pain but maybe I'll learn to keep better records/backups now. LOL! In my defense I did think all my email was being routinely backed up on our server computer but for some reason the email was missed when the backup batch files were re-built a few years ago so I have nothing more current than August 05 and the GoDaddy account was set up in Oct 05. I've also lost all my EQ5 project files. I have the old EQ4 ones which is the majority but anything I've done in the last year and a half is gone. Which includes a series of patterns I was dabbling with in the thoughts of maybe publishing them. :-( Again, I thought they were in the back-up batch file but they weren't. On a plus side I do have all the documents and pictures so all is not lost. The pictures I think I would have cried to lose. The others are merely an inconvenience but I'd really have hated to lose my pictures!
Two more rows. The top one is for Marilyn She asked for blue/green/purple. The bottom is for Charlotte who wanted "cool" batiks. Just 2 more to go and they both require a trip to the danger zone. Yep I have to go to the LQS and we all know I have a problem coming out with just what I go in for. LOL! Wish me luck!!!
Here's a taste of what else I've been working on. There are 36 blocks here. I've just shown a sample because I don't have room to lay them all out to show. They measure 12" finished. I took 8-1/2" squares of printed batiks (the ones that weren't just TOT) and framed them with 2-1/2" strips of the TOT ones. Nice and simple but it shows of the designs in the batiks. I haven't decided if I'll lay them out side by side like this or sash them with black using bright corner stones (that I have plenty of just from cutting down the scraps from the blocks.) If I use 35 of them set 5X7 laying them side by side and frame them with a 2" black inner border then about a 6" outer border I'll end up with a nice largish twin. But if I set them 6X6 with the black sashing and 6-8" of borders then I end up with something around 100 inches square which would make a nice bright summer quilt for my king bed. I'm leaning this way but it will mean sending it out to be quilted as I'm NOT going to tackle a monster that sized in my little DSM!
Today's gratuitous cat picture. :-) George and Sam enjoying a bit of sun on the porch after several days of dreary, rainy days.