Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Happy Administrative Professional's Day!


I remember when it was just Secretary's Day. Now it's Administrative Professional's Day. Funny thing is I still do the exact same job as an Admin as I did as a secretary. Just a fancier title. And a LOT more money. LOL!

Our office was planning to go out for lunch but one supervisor is out of town for a meeting and our mechanic had to go on a service call. Mary and I talked about it and chose to wait a few days until we can all go together. (Besides it won't be nearly so crowded then.) So our trucking supervisor just came in with these. Aren't they lovely? :-) I like the flowers but I just LOVE that hot pink vase. I'll have to keep this filled all summer. I love to keep flowers on my desk. Most weeks when I go to the grocery store I buy flowers for the house and my office. Cost me about $10-$12 a week but sure does brighten up the place. And I've got the guys around here trained that flowers are ALWAYS an appropriate gift for any occasion. :-)

6 comments:

Saska said...

I got ROSES and an ice cream sunday from DairyQueen! How cool is that!
My title doesn't include "secretary" either, but I'd like to see the engineers work without me.

So nice to be appreciated!

Unknown said...

Nancy - glad to hear you get more money for being an administrator instead of a secretary - usually in the UK changing a job title is an excuse to reduce the pay rate if they can get away with it - the dubious title for this is JE or job evaluation - yeuchhh! Lovely flowers :o)

Leslie said...

Great flowers but the vase?? I agree... I'm so glad you received some recognition. It goes a long way to 'greasing the wheels' sometimes. :D

Vicky said...

Well, harrumph! I forgot - and I forgot to remind you-know-who! Some administrator/chief cook/bottle washer I am!!

Love the vase, too! You can just pack that puppy full of daisies and send it to me!! (wink!)

Hugs

QuiltingFitzy said...

Happy Admin Day to you! I guess I can't celebrate cuz I ain't employed, lol. (What a relief, even if it is for only a few weeks, lol.)

Keep being the Administrator of Clutter at home girly girl!!!

Paula, the quilter said...

I forgot too! And therefore I forgot to remind my boss. Waaaa.....

But your sewing room is starting to look fantastic.