Tuesday, May 01, 2007

No Buy - Day One

Day one - didn't purchase a thing. Wasn't even tempted. :-) Which wasn't bad since I didn't have the best day and we all know how prone to retail therapy I am when I have a crappy day. LOL! Of course I didn't do any sewing either. Nor did I do any more cleaning in the sewing room. Basically I came home, ate supper, watched a little tv (gotta watch Idol and House) and I've been vegetating in front of the computer every since playing stupid computer games. And now I'm going to bed. Tomorrow is another day and maybe I'll feel like getting something done.

So how did ya'll do?

7 comments:

Susan said...

Sometimes when my brain is tired, it seems like the only soothing thing is computer games! What do you like to play? I do Zuma and Zulu Gems and Big Kahuna and JT's Blocks mostly.

Clare said...

Oh boy I know that feeling. You've done way too much and all you can do is to veg out in front of the computer, not having to think about much! I'm on Kim's No Fabric Diet and haven't brought anything for months. It's amazing what a smallish stash can make.

Quilting Memories said...

No fabric yesterday,but have discovered there are several quilt shops in Vegas. What am I to do??????? I also like comp. games, I play Zuma, Bejeweled2 and Scrabble. Have a good day

hippie quilter said...

Love that ZUMA!
Nancy, I've been reading your blog for about a month or so now, I keep checking back on you, since you lost your cat, that looks like my cat. We have lost several cats to the road, and this cat is just to special to me to let him run about outside. He was abandoned, (mostly likely a college kid), but he's such a sweet, loving guy I won't let him out of my sight. He follows me around like a dog.
I hope you will find another special friend one day soon.
About the fabric diet...try thinking about using what you have and make "room" for more.

Anonymous said...

BRAVO, for that day-one victory, Nancy ! I bet you're going to keep going ! Don't call it a diet, dear, call it a break (which means it's temporary ! LOL), and in the meantime you're going to bust your stash in no time !

Hugs & smiles !
NADINE

swooze said...

I didn't buy fabric..... :D

Hanne said...

You can do it Nancy - one day at a time :-)
I had one buy in April - last Saturday,2 meters, and I am aiming for a no buy May! I am holding your hand - let's bust some stash :-)