Monday, June 11, 2007

It's all JoAnna's fault!

No new block pictures tonight as I got home around 5, unloaded/put away my groceries, sat in my chair, and woke up at 8 to the sounds/smells of David cooking supper. Taco meat for burritos for him and a taco salad for me. What I do have to share is a picture of the scrumptious new fabric I got in today!This is the result of my fabric binge I alluded to on Saturday. And it's all JoAnna's fault! BTW, she's another new blogger who you need to go check out if you haven't discovered her already. Really nice quilt photos and cats too. What's not to like? :-) Anyway on Friday she talked about seeing the Sunshine collection from Moda everywhere she looked and how she found a great deal at Desperate Quilters, a new-to-me store so of course I had to go check them out. And of course I bought some. I mean look at them and tell me how I could NOT have purchased these beauties! She also talked about the fast service and let me tell you she wasn't joking! I ordered these Friday morning, they were shipped Friday afternoon and I received them Monday morning! Of course they are located in Texas which cut a good day off the delivery time but also meant I had to pay sales tax. Although I do usually make sure I order from out-of-state stores so that not paying tax pays for the shipping I'll definately order from them again.

Back to the fabrics. :-) I bought 1/2 yard of each of the 3 yellows/blues/greens. And 1 yard of the 4 whites and the white and yellow dots on the right of the photo. The floral stripe is a bit over 4 yds and was one of their end of bolt specials and will be the borders. There's 3 yds of the blue dots. This will be the sashing and probably thin inner border and maybe binding. Whatevers left will make pillow cases and maybe a pieced back. These will be made into my sampler quilt. To be started after I finish the Weather Vane I'm working on now. Or maybe to be made along with it if I decide I just can't wait to cut into these beauties. :-)

13 comments:

Norma said...

Oh boy, more fun for Nancy! This assortment is really pretty.

The Calico Cat said...

I still kind of want those - they would fit in so nicely with my blue & yellow collection... (the word "collection" is what has kept my from buying any - although I LOVE the polka dots...)

Melanie said...

I've been dead for yellow and blues for a while. they'll quilt up real nicely.

Ruth's Place said...

They are beautiful fabrics, especially the ones with the circles!

Vicky said...

That line is luscious. I first saw it up at a quilt shop in No. Calif. in Nov. when I was up at Alex's retret. Still haven't done anything with them - but you know how that goes! LOL

Oh, BTW, did the goats ever go home? I had a ton of fun looking at that pix! (Hugs)

JoAnna said...

Ha!!! It's all part of my evil plan!

I'm so glad you liked them. My fabrics arrived this morning before I left for work, but I haven't been able to get my hands on them yet...

Isn't it the prettiest fabric ever??!? The paisley might be my favorite. You'll have to show us what you do with it! I can't wait to see!

Anonymous said...

oh, that is soooo pretty! I am trying not to succumb to going to the website...however I suspect that is a temptation beyond me!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

OH! They look like "tiny bubbles"...and of course, I love 'em!

Shelina said...

i really like blue and yellow together. In fact, I bought a kit of blue and whites, and am wondering if I shouldn't be adding yellow instead. These are gorgeous. I wouldn't have minded if they had accidentally been shipped to Ohio instead.

Unknown said...

Nancy - I absolutely LOVE those three spotty fabrics in the different colourways - wouldn't they just make the most gorgeous baby quilt all together :o)

Quilting Memories said...

I too think that fabric would make up beautifully for a baby quilt. Bit I have NEVER shopped online for anything. That may have to chenge!!I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Pam said...

It is such wonderful fabric that it would be hard to resist. I love yellow and blue fabric. And the best thing is -- it wasn't really your fault -- LOL

Rose Marie said...

Golly, and all I bought recently was just a jelly roll of this fabric. It's pretty isn't it?