Monday, June 25, 2007

Taking a short break

This is just a short note to let you know I'm taking a little break from blogging. I've been trying to do other things at home besides sitting on the computer so I've not even taken it out of it's case but a time or 2 in the last week. I do skim thru my bloglines during breaks at work so I can keep up with you all but have had very little time to leave comments.

I've been going to the gym 3 times a week doing water aerobics and have lost another 3 lbs in the past 2 weeks. A definate improvement over the 10 lbs lost in the first 3 months of my diet! This more than anything else has made me see I have to be more active and spend less times on the more sedentary tasks I normally spend my free time on.

I've been doing a little sewing so when I come back in a week or so I should have things to share. Oh and we have more new kittens! But the pictures are at home so you'll have to wait for those too.

My younger brother is getting married on July 7th so I'll be making a trip back home next week and I'm sure Susan and I will find a little time to get in some quilty trouble. :-)

Have a lovely couple weeks and I'll probably be back in mid July after I get back from the wedding.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I am so proud of you for keeping with your water aerobics and gym time! Hip Hip Hooray for NANCY...keep it up girl, you inspire me!

I'll be waiting to see what trouble you and Susan get into! And to see what you have and will be doing.

July 7th...My sister (Nancy) and my grandson (Tristan) share a bday that day!

HIP HIP HOORAY FOR NANCY HIP HIP HOORAY FOR NANCY!!!! Way to go girl...hugs and smiles sent your way

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

atet said...

Have a great break and can't wait to see what you've been up to when you return. Great job on your diet/exercise program!

Shelina said...

That's so wonderful that you are keeping up with your exercises. I too think I could do well with leading a less sedentary life. I hope you enjoy your busy weeks off from blogging.

sewprimitive karen said...

We'll miss you Nancy see you later. That's very good on the 3 pounds. I should spend less time on the computer and be more active, too.

His Office, My Studio said...

Enjoy your break! Keep up the exercises.

I to spend to much time on the computer so I walk early in the day.

Vicky said...

Congrats, Nancy, on your commitment to feeling better!

Will be waiting for your return. Have fun with Susan!

(Hugs)

Unknown said...

Keep going Nancy!

Love the wedding picture too... Cute couple!!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

I'll let you "go", as long as you promise to be back!!!

Waitin' on ya...

Laurie said...

Nancy
CONGRATS on the weight loss...you can do it! Also, congrats on 30 years. I remembered that we shared the same anniversary date...but you and david have 5 years on steve and i!
hugs
Laurie

Holly said...

Wow Nancy, good job on the exercising and weight loss! Keep up the good work. Have a fun break and I look forward to reading what you've been up to.

swooze said...

Great job on the weightloss. My doctor compliments me now even when I don't have a gain. He said "at my age" I am doing well. I have that "at my age bit". So keep at it dear!

Cher said...

yep, it is amazing how going to the gym on a regular basis and not sitting so much make a difference! Hurray for you...and I so totally understand only reading a bit from work and so on=you and Susan will have lots of fun and when you get back - it will be great to see and hear what all you have accomplished.
I agree with Pam, hip hip hooray for you!!!