First 3 January Projects (and an extra)
These are the first 3 projects I've picked to work on this year.
1st - this is my Pineapple Blossom. As you can see it just needs the borders. I have the pinwheels done so I just need to assemble them and get them attached to the top. You should be seeing a picture of the finished top in a few days. As I was making my blocks I was afraid some of my strips were too light to make the design show but I decided to continue on and not worry about it. I'm glad I did because I do like the way it's turning out. I won't be counting yardage as stash busted on the main part of the quilt as I had it cut and mostly sewn in 2005. But the borders should bust 2 yds.
2nd - This will be my new leaders/enders project so it will stay on the list for a while. It will be a Scrappy Spools pattern as shown on Leah's blog. So far all I've done is pull fabric. I'll probably get my squares and strips cut over the next few days while I watch tv. I had pulled all my less than FQ size pieces when I did the scrappy 9patch last year. The remainders of those are in the front of the picture. I'll cut them up as far as they'll go and then cut strips from the blue/yellow stacks in the back. The 2 fabrics propped against my machine will probably be the border and backing. According to my calculations the top (minus border) should bust 5 1/3 yds. stash.
3rd - This is the Barn Raising Stars (Buggy Barn pattern) that I made in the only quilt class I ever took almost 3 years ago. Notice how Charlie-girl had to check it out as I was taking pictures. :-) David has been wanting a new quilt (his is getting a bit ratty) so this will be his. It's put together in 4 sections so I can quilt it on my sewing machine without having to deal with so much bulk. I just need to get the borders added so I can get it basted. It will have a piano key border with smaller stars in the corners. To the left of the quilt at the top is the fabric I'll be using for the backing. It's a denim blue paisley. Very Texana like the rest of the quilt. At the bottom are the corner blocks, the label block and a stack of 4 leftovers that will probably go into a wall hanging. In between the backing and the corner blocks are a bunch of strips and leftover stripset pieces from the quilt below. These will be used to make the piano key border. I haven't yet calculated how much stash the border/back will bust.
And last - This is a nine-patch/snowball top I made a few years ago from blocks I received in a swap. Along with the blocks we each sent in a red strip and a blue strip from each set swapped. The hostess drew a name and I won all the strips. She emailed me and asked if I'd mind if she split them in 2 batches and draw another name since there were so many. I said sure and STILL received over 3 yds. worth of strips! I used them to make the piano key border and will use the rest in the border of the quilt above. This is another one I hope to get quilted this year. But not yet as it isn't on my list of 3 yet. :-)