Saturday, June 03, 2006

Internet's still out at my house so I had David drop me at his office so I could check mail and run around the ring while he runs errands. Still have the ear infection but it's getting a bit better. Not as swollen and only hurts occasionally now. What's driving me NUTS is the echo I hear in my left ear whenever I talk. But hopefully that will be gone in a few more days.

This is another top I sent home with Niles. My aunt gave me the cat fabric many years ago. And I participated in a Melody fabric swap just after that where you sent each person in your group a 6" square of your focus fabric and they sent you 2 quarter yards (regular or fat) that co-ordinated with it. I used the fabric I recieved plus others from my stash and made this bricks quilt. I had originally planned to applique a large cat silouette of the cat fabric to one of the bottom corners but never got around to it. When culling tops I decided I probably never would and as it's a good size for a medium size kid it went in the donation pile.

This top also went home with Niles. The crazy nine patch blocks were from a swap a few years ago. I didn't like the size it ended up (like my quilts to be at least big enough to sleep under.) So I added the wide border with corner squares from leftover blocks. I do like the way it turned out BUT for some crazy reason I used a poly-cotton print from Mama's stash for the border and never did like the way it felt. So I had planned to frog-stitch it off and replace it with something else. Just never got around to it. So Pam, if you want to rip it off you won't hurt my feelings. It would still make a nice medium kid size quilt. As it is now it is almost a twin so will work for a teenager.

This final picture is my sister riding David's ATV. One of the first things she said to me when she came to visit was she wanted to ride a 4wheeler! Surprised the #### out of me! She's never ridden one and thought it would be fun. So I took this picture of her riding it so her family would believe she really did. LOL! Notice the dust trail. I have a better picture of her sitting on it but she insisted I had to get one with a dust trail or her family would never believe she actually rode one.

David's here so I guess I'd better go. I had hoped to run around the blog and check on you guys but that will have to wait until next week. Have a nice weekend.


dot said...

Good to hear from you again. Sounds like life is slowing getting back to normal. Looks like sis is having fun. Good day.

Linda_J said...

Your sister is right---without the dust trail no one would probably believe that she was not just sitting on it.

Cool tops for some of the bigger kids, Nancy. Some one else will benefit from the ones you knew you were not going to get back to if you had not by now.

Glad your ear situation is improving too.

cher said...

nice you are finding a way to check in-love hearing from you-that your ear is getting better and what tops Nile brought back = know you will be happy once you can post from home!

ForestJane said...

Ohh, I like the top one and the bottom ones the best!

Were you originally going to put signatures on the bottom one?

Laurie said...

Great tops you sent home with Niles! Thanks for sharing Nancy!