Thursday, January 04, 2007

Just a quick post to thank everyone who inquired about Fluffy. He FINALLY went yesterday! Must have heard me say if he hadn't gone by this morning back to the vet he went. LOL!

I'm still plugging away on my 15 to 60 minutes a day. I've got 8 more string blocks done except for the final strip on each corner. And that will give me 20 with red strips in the center to go ahead and send in. Then my next 20 will have blue centers.

I've also pulled a UFO to be working on. A bargello based on Bonnie's Scrappy Bargello but with all strips-sets using the same fabric so each fabric will continue across the quilt. It was cut out several years ago when I went thru my stash of bright FQs and cut everything up for several quilts. This will finish about smallish twin size. Not sure what I'll do with it. If it doesn't look too girly it may go to LindaJ for her Boy's Ranch project. If it does it will go to my guild for their ongoing girl's home project.

And I continue to plug away on my 3" 9-patches as leaders/enders. My little stack is steadily growing. One day - maybe this weekend - I'll take pictures of the way I'm doing them as I had some interest in how to keep them straight done leaders/enders style. It's really simple as I'm doing the method where you get 2 9-patches from 2 squares of fabric but I can show it so much better than I can tell it so you'll have to wait for pictures.

Breaks over - gotta get back to work.

2 comments:

quiltpixie said...

sounds like you're doing a great job of staying on task, with lots of projects to draw your attention:-)

Linda C said...

Thanks for considering the Boys Ranch for the bargello top, Nancy. You use it where you think best. I know a couple of the recent butterfly challenge tops we could go either way but I told the girls we would probably take most of the Presbyterian Home if they screamed "girl" rather than "boy"

Poor Fluffy has been through the mill but sounds like he has turned the corner---finally.