Saturday, January 06, 2007

Made it around the ring!

I made it all the way around the Stash Quilts ring and actually COMMENTED. Something I've been so bad about not doing since I started using Bloglines. I've decided I really hate Bloglines. It doesn't give you updates on everyone and it's too easy to just skim the posts thru their browser and not comment and read the other comments. And it's too easy to not notice that someone hasn't been posting. It just really takes away from the whole blogging experience. So I'm not going to depend on it any longer. Heck I didn't even know we had another member to the ring until I ran across her in my travels around the ring. So I'd like to give a big WELCOME to Carol at Brown Quilts. I don't even know when you joined us and apologize for not having been to visit before.

For those of you on my sidebar who are not part of the Stash Quilts ring - I do promise to make sure I visit each of your blogs at least once a week if not more often. I'll just have to see what kind of balance I can do between personal life/working/quilting and blogging. I'm sad to say blogging will have to remain at the bottom of that list as the others really need to take a bigger priority in my life. But you all are very special to me so I will find a way to make time for you each week. Just be patient with me as I try to find a perfect balance between what I WANT to do and what I NEED to do.

10 comments:

Angie said...

Let me be the first to wish you "happy birthday"!!! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Nancy.....happy birthday to you!!! And many more!!!
Ummmm, this is a dumb question maybe, but how does one make a string block? I wound grant your birthday wish if I can find out how to make one. ;p

Hunter said...

Happy Birthday, Nancy.

I'm not quilting right now, but I'll make a scarf to donate in your honor. I'll send a pic when it's done.

I've missed you.

Darilyn

Cher said...

amen to that Nancy! I am sooo far behind reading blogs...it's nuts. As in, happy belated birthday! and thank you for your wonderful post of today-

Mary Johnson said...

I decided that I need to spend less time on the computer too so during the day I'm trying to set a 15 minute timer. So far I haven't been able to stop when it goes off but it is helping me to finish up and get off and on to my quilting.

Judith said...

Hre the same. Since I read in bloglines I don;t comment very often. I also was thinking of going to both rings soon.

Happy Birthday.

Giusy Jdeebella said...

Hi Nancy, Happy Birthday to YOU!!! thank you for taking the time to comment on my recent post! :-).. this afternoon I sewed a lot and now the log cabin top is almost completed. I love to take part of this blog community, making quilting friends, and love to reading and posting to the others blog, it help me also with my english, that isn't very good... but I'm still practise. Happy Quilting and love from Italy!

Pam said...

Happy Birthday Nancy. I hope you had a great day.

I find it is very hard to get through all the various blogs on a regular basis and sometimes it's even hard to remember what I said to who (as my pre-menapausal brain doesn't always work when I want it to) I think I need to just have fun with it and I enjoy reading your blog. Thank you.

Susan said...

So I guess I'll be the last to wish you happy birthday, since it's almost midnight my time, even though I did yesterday, too. But you can't celebrate a birthday too much! =)

Yes, I need two lives - one for blogging and one for actually accomplishing something!

The Calico Cat said...

I hear ya... I don't blog in the evenings nor the weekends - trying to capture that balance...

(I bordered 3 quilts and pieced 3 backings this weekend... YEE HAA!)

Clare said...

Belated Happy Birthday. I'm catching up on blogs, having been away for 2 weeks, and didn't see your request until today. Sorry!