Thursday, September 29, 2005

Got a call from an old friend back in MS yesterday. He and his wife may be coming to visit this weekend. I went to school with him from 1st grade thru 12th and he was best man at our wedding. It's been almost 2 years since I've seen him so I look forward to a nice visit.

I had very good intentions to go home yesterday and work on the baby quilt I need done by Saturday for my new great-niece, Rylee. But I guess my good intentions aren't worth a darn cause instead I spent hours playing mindless computer games. Then today in the mail I got a package of fabric I forgot I'd ordered with the thought of using it for Rylee's quilt. It'll be so much cuter than my original plan so tonight I HAVE to go see what I can do with this new stuff. It's a set of panels of a cute kitty print that's perfect for a little girl. All pretty pastel pinks, blues, and greens. Not "my" normal colors but I'm a sucker for any cat prints so I bought it anyway. The panels are all different sizes and I'm thinking I'll cut them apart are put back together in a country set. Some I'll probalby put star points on, some I'll make "wonky" borders and then I'll probably fill in with some pinwheel, nine-patch, 4-patch, and friendship star blocks. Just whatever strikes my fancy when I start cutting. I've done this before and just love tossing the "rules" out and letting the panels tell me what they want to be. I probably won't get finished before Saturday afternoon but then I'll just have another excuse to go see Rylee when I go take it to her later.

No comments: